Installing and managing client access license keys
You can use the License Key Management section in the Administration page of the Jazz® Team Server to install and manage client access license (CAL) keys and to view license agreements. Because your original installation includes trial license keys, you will need to install entitled license keys when the trial license keys expire after 60 days.
Before you begin
- You must be logged in to the Administration page of the Jazz Team Server and be a member of the JazzAdmins group. To change the client access license assigned to an existing user, see Assigning client access licenses to users.
- You must have a valid license key file. You can download your token or term license key files from IBM® License Key Center and your perpetual license key files from Passport Advantage®.
- IBM License Key Center requires your Jazz Team Server host name and host ID. If you do not know these values, in the IBM License Key Center, click the help icon beside host ID and download the get_host_info.exe tool that can help you identify your Jazz Team Server host ID and host name.
- Log in to the Administration page
of the Jazz Team Server.
Point your web browser to
https://[fully qualified hostname]:9443/jts/adminRemember: The
[fully qualified hostname]is the host name along with the DNS domain reference of the machine on which the Jazz Team Server is installed.
- On the Administration page, click the Server tab.
- In the Licensing pane, click License Key Management.
- To upload a license key to the server, complete the following
- On the License Key Management page, in the Client Access License Types area, click Add.
- In the Upload License Files dialog, in the Upload License Activation key field, click Browse and navigate to the location of the activation key.
- Select the activation key. You may upload multiple keys
before exiting this dialog. Note: If the activation key requires that you accept a license agreement before upload, a dialog box displays the license agreement with the options to Accept or Decline the agreement. If you decline, the license key will not be installed.
- Click Finish.
- Optional: If the activation key uploaded
requires that you specify the purchase count, in the Purchased field,
enter the number of purchased licenses. If you do not complete this
field, the license will not be enabled even though you have purchased
and installed the license. Note: For a Derby database configuration, the maximum number of allowed licensed users is 10. For other databases, such as Db2®, there is no restriction on the maximum number of licensed users.
- Optional: To activate a trial license:
- In the Client Access License Types area, for a license that has not been activated, click Activate Trial.
- In the Client Access License Agreement window, review the terms for the license and then click I accept the terms in the license agreement.
- Click Finish. The trial license will now be active.
- Optional: To view more information about the
licenses that you have installed:
- In the Configure Client Access License Keys window, hover your cursor over the name of a license.
- To close the window, click Cancel.
- Optional: To view a list of users that have
been assigned a particular license, in the Client Access License Types
area, for a license type click the number in the Assigned column.
You must have assigned one or more users a license.
- Optional: To modify the purchase counts for
- In the Client Access License Types area, click Edit
- In the purchased field for a license, type a number of purchased licenses.
- Click Finish.
- Optional: To view the license agreement for the license keys you are using,
complete the following steps:
- In the Client Access License Types area, hover over a license key name and click the icon in the Actions column to view the license agreement.
- Click Finish when you have finished reading the license agreement.