Enabling Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration
Before you can associate a change set and change requests on different repositories that link by using the Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) specification, you must configure each Jazz® Team Server that hosts the repositories to communicate with each other. You must also link the Engineering Workflow Management project areas.
- To add a server as a friend:
- Open a browser and log in as a member of the JazzAdmins group to the administrative
web client on the Jazz Team Server.
Type the URL for the administrative web client, which is typically
- In the Communication pane, click Friends (Outbound).
- On the Friends page, click Add.
- In the Add Friend wizard, on the Add Friend page, in the Root Services URI field, type the URI for root services on the server you want to add as a friend.
- In the Name field, type a title to identify the entry.
- In the OAuth Secret field, type consumer key code phrase.
- Optional: If the consumer is trusted, select the Trusted check box.
- Click Next.
- On the Authorize Provisional Key page, click Grant access for the provisional key.
- After access has been granted, click Approve.
- Click Finish.
- Repeat step 1 for each server that you want to establish as a friend. Communication between friends must be bidirectional.
- Open a browser and log in as a member of the JazzAdmins group to the administrative web client on the Jazz Team Server. Type the URL for the administrative web client, which is typically
- To link to a project area on a server that
- In the administrative web client, in the project area, go to the Overview page. In the Associations area, click Add.
- In the Add Association dialog box, in the Application field, select the friend. In the Association field, select Change Management (Change Set).
- In the Artifact Containers area, select the project area that you want to link to.
- Click OK.
- In the project area, in the upper right corner, click Save.
- Repeat step 2 for each project on each friend that you want to link change sets from.