Patch service for ELM applications
The IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management (ELM) patch service is available to apply patch fixes to applications on the server by using repository tools commands.
You can use the patch service to apply a patch fix to all ELM applications or a single application, and to remove a patch fix from all ELM applications or from a single application. The ELM patch service includes the following features:
- All product fixes for the ELM applications are included in a single patch archive file.
- A patch fix that is applied to the server is picked up by all ELM applications that are running on the server.
- You can apply a patch fix to all ELM
applications on the server, or to a single application, by using the appropriate repository tools command:
- You can remove a patch fix from all ELM
applications on the server, or from a single application, by using the appropriate repository tools
- A patch fix contains modified files only, not entire OSGi bundles, which means that patch fixes are much smaller than test fixes.
- Patch fixes are applied the next time that the server is restarted. You do not need to reset the ELM applications to clear the cache before you restart the server or applications.
In distributed deployments, you must apply patch fixes to each server individually.