Modifying a project area to use another project area's process
If your organization includes at least one project area that shares its process, you can modify your project area so that it uses the shared process from another project area.
You must have access to the project area that you modify and the project area that shares its process. You must have Save Project Area permission for the project area that you modify.
Before you begin
About this task
Note: This procedure is intended for new Change and Configuration Management and Quality Management project areas that are based on the Unconfigured Process template.
- In the Team Artifacts view, right-click the project area and click Open.
- On the Overview tab, scroll to the Process Sharing section and expand it.
- Select Use the process configuration from another project area for this project area.
- Click Change and select the project area whose process you want to use.
- If the project area contains any roles, you can either keep them or remove them. To keep
them, clear the Delete all existing roles checkbox. To remove them, select
the Delete all existing roles checkbox. If you delete all existing roles, the project area inherits the roles and associated permissions from the sharing project area; otherwise, the roles and their associated permissions would be considered custom.
- Click Save to save the project area.
The project area now uses the roles, permissions, operation behavior (preconditions and follow-up actions), iteration types, and configuration data from the sharing project area. Within your project area, you can customize process settings unless the project administrator of the sharing project area has set those settings as Final (ignore customization of this operation in child areas).