Modifying project area initialization
You can specify actions to be performed when a project area is initialized. You can specify initialization actions in the process template or in the project area.
About this task
When a project area is initialized during its creation, the follow-up actions specified in the process template are performed. If you choose to manually initialize the project area after it is created, you can modify the initialization follow-up actions to be performed in the project area. You can specify the following initialization follow-up actions:
|Follow-up action||Server or client follow-up action||Description|
|Create Team Areas||Server||Creates one or more team areas under the project area.|
|Planning Project Setup Participant||Server||Creates product backlog, release, and sprint plans for the new project area. Some of the predefined templates, such as Scrum, create an initial set of plans. If your process template does not include such an initialization action, you might want to add this one so that all project areas created from the template start with a common set of plans.|
|Setup Project||Server||Performs various setup actions such as creating team areas, creating a stream, and creating a set of initial work items.|
|Setup Project for Reports||Server||Deploys a set of report templates.|
|Run Work Item Query||Client||Runs a query that displays the work items assigned to the logged-in user.|
- Open a project area or process template:
- Right-click a project area in the Team Artifacts view.
- Right-click a template in the Process Templates view.
- Click Open. The project area or process template opens in the editor view.
- Click the Process Configuration tab.
- Expand Project Configuration. Click Project Area Initialization.
- In the Server follow-up actions section, click Add. Select one or more of the available actions. Click OK.
- Configure one of the follow-up actions that you added by selecting it and then completing the fields to the right. For example, for the Setup project for Reports action, click Add in the Report Templates section to select the report templates to be deployed with the project area. Repeat this configuration process for each follow-up action that you added.
- Optionally, click Add in the Client follow-up actions section to add a client follow-up action.
- Click Save to save your changes to the project area or process template.