Customizing permissions in a team area
By default, a team area inherits permission settings from its parent team area or project area. However, you can customize permission settings in a team area.
To complete this task, you must have permission to modify a team area.
Before you begin
- Navigate to the project area to which the team area belongs in the administrative web interface. See Logging in for project administrators and team leads (web).
- In the Team Area Hierarchy section, navigate to the team area.
- Click Permissions. The default view is Show by Role.
- In the Select a role pane, select a role for which to modify permissions.
- In the Permissions for role section,
select the operation or action whose permissions you want to customize.
The Permission column for all operations and actions shows the Inherited from parent icon .
- In the Actions column for the operation
or action, click the Customize icon . The Customize Permissions window
opens and shows the settings that the team area inherits from its
nearest parent. Use the Grant Permission icon and the Revoke Permission icon to set the desired permissions. When you are done, click OK.
- To clear the customization for an operation, click the Inherit permissions from parent area (Clear Override) icon .
- Optional: To set the text that is shown when permission
to perform an operation is denied, click the Edit Operation
Properties icon in the Actions column
for the operation. Enter the explanation text in the Show
explanation when permission is denied field. The Edit Operation Properties icon is available only after you click the Customize icon.
- Optional: To prevent a child team area from overriding
the permission setting for an operation, click the Edit
Operation Properties icon in the Actions column
for the operation. Then select Final (ignore customization
of this operation in child areas). The Edit Operation Properties icon is available only after you click the Customize icon.
- To save your changes, click Save.