To configure separate preconditions or follow-up actions for different roles or time periods, you must specify multiple configurations. You can either create a new configuration or copy an existing configuration and then edit it. Typically, you create a configuration if no similar configurations exist for you to copy.
Before you begin
About this task
- Navigate to the project area in the administrative web interface. See Logging in for project administrators and team leads (web). To set preconditions or follow-up actions for a team area, click the team area in the Team Hierarchy section.
- In the project area or team area, click Preconditions &
Follow-up Actions. The Preconditions & Follow-up Actions page opens and shows the existing configurations for the project area or team area, as in the following example:
- Click .
- In the Create New Configuration wizard,
complete the steps as follows:
- Expand the operation category to select the operation
for which to configure a precondition or follow-up action and click Next.
- Select the role for which the precondition or follow-up
action will apply and click Next. Note: Because all users are assigned the default Everyone role, you can have specific operation behavior apply to all users by specifying it for the Everyone role; you need not specify it for every role. At runtime, IBM® Engineering Workflow Management (EWM) checks the operation behavior settings for all other roles assigned to the user before checking the operation behavior for the Everyone role. If operation behavior is specified for one of those roles, EWM uses that operation behavior instead of the operation behavior that is specified for the Everyone role.
- Select whether the configuration should apply all the
time, for only a specific timeline or iteration, or for only iterations
of a specific iteration type, and click Finish.
The wizard closes and the Preconditions & Follow-up Actions page shows the new configuration with no preconditions or follow-up actions specified, as illustrated in the following image:
- Expand the operation category to select the operation for which to configure a precondition or follow-up action and click Next.
- Click the Add icon ; then select a precondition or follow-up action.
- If the precondition or follow-up action provides additional
configuration settings, specify those settings. For example, you can configure the Prevent Editing precondition, which is shown in the following image, to apply to specific work item types and states.Note: In the current release, only a subset of preconditions and follow-up actions that require additional details can be configured by using the web UI. For all other preconditions and follow-up actions, you must use the EWM client for Eclipse IDE to configure them.
- Optional: Add more preconditions or follow-up actions.
- Optional: To prevent child team areas, or project areas that consume the shared process of this project area, from customizing this configuration, select Final (ignore customization of this operation in child areas).
- To save the new configuration, click Save.