Uninstalling Jazz Team Server and the IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management applications
To uninstall Jazz Team Server and the IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management (ELM) applications, use IBM Installation Manager.
Before you begin
If you used IBM Installation Manager to install the previous release, use the procedure in this topic to remove the previous release. If you used other methods to install the previous version such as using a .zip file, you must manually uninstall and clean up the previous version directories.
- Stop the server.
Start IBM Installation
Note: If you used the Non-Administrator option of the Launchpad program when installing the software packages, to uninstall those packages you must use My IBM Installation Manager.
- Select the Uninstall wizard.
- Choose a package group and the package to uninstall, and follow the instructions on the wizard to complete the uninstall process.
- For Engineering Requirements Management DOORS® Next only. If you installed plug-in components using the Browser Add-Ons web-based installation, uninstall the browser plug-in from within the browser. For additional information about uninstalling from supported browsers, see this article.
What to do next
- Log on to the WebSphere Application Server Integrated Solutions Console.
- Click .
- Select the check box next to each installed application and click Uninstall.
- Ensure that you delete all custom properties that you have previously added:
- Navigate to .
- Select the check box next to JAZZ_HOME, java.awt.headless, log4j.configuration, SQLSERVER_JDBC_DRIVER_FILE (if you connected to an SQL Server database), ORACLE_JDBC_DRIVER_FILE (if you connected to an Oracle database) and click Delete.
- Ensure that you delete all temporary files and directories in the WebSphere Application
- Go to WASInstallDir/profiles/AppSrv01/temp/machine name/server1 and delete the application_war directory.
- Go to WASInstallDir/profiles/AppSrv01/temp/wscache and delete the application_war directory.