Running the setup by using Express setup in the setup wizard
Use the Express setup for a simplified version of the wizard that lets you set up the default Derby database and WebSphere Liberty Basic User Registry.
Before you begin
About this task
- Point your Web browser to the following address:
https://[fully qualified hostname]:9443/jts/setup.
- Type ADMIN (case-sensitive) in both the User ID and Password fields. Click Log In.
- On the Welcome page, select Express Setup. Click Next.
- On the Configure Public URI page,
provide a Public URI Root that is of the form
https://[fully qualified hostname]:9443/jtsand select the check box to confirm that you have read and understood the recommendations on this page. Click Test Connection. After the test is successful, click Next.Important:
[fully qualified hostname]is the host name along with the DNS domain reference of the machine on which the Jazz® Team Server is installed.
An example of a good
[fully qualified hostname]is
Examples of bad
[fully qualified hostname]are
localhostand an IP address.
- On the Create Administrative User page, create an administrative user by providing a user ID, full name, password, and email address. Click Next.
- The Setup Progress page is open and displays each step of the progress. A green check mark denotes that the step was successful. After setting up the application is 100% complete, click Next.
- On the Assign Licenses page, if necessary, click Activate Trial for the required licenses. This opens the License Agreement page for a selected license. Read and accept the license agreement, and then click Finish. For details about client access licenses (CALs), see Client access license management.
- After activating the required licenses, click Finish. This opens the Server Administration page where you can perform additional administrative and project management tasks such as, managing the server, users, and licenses. For more information, see Administering servers.