Installing IBM Engineering Workflow Management Shell
Engineering Workflow Management Shell is distributed as a downloadable file through IBM® Installation Manager.
Before you begin
- Engineering Workflow Management Shell requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64 Redistributable package for 64-bit systems or Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x86 Redistributable package for 32-bit systems. The .NET Framework 4.5 is also required. The supported operating systems are Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit), and Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit). The 32-bit client installs on 32-bit operating systems and the 64-bit client installs on 64-bit operating systems.
- Start this task with an empty sandbox.
- You must have administrator privileges to run the launchpad.
- To run the web installation, an Internet connection is required.
Download the following installation package. There are three methods to install the Engineering Workflow Management
- Client CD Contents .zip file - IBM Installation Manager local install for client: This archive file contains the IBM Installation Manager launchpad and a local copy of the Engineering Workflow Management Shell. The benefit of using the local installation package is that it allows the installation to proceed without an Internet connection. This is a .zip file that is not self extracting.
- IBM Installation Manager web installation for client, server, and optional components: This archive file contains the IBM Installation Manager launchpad program and the predefined installation repository locations. The file is self extracting file. After it extracts the contents, the file starts the IBM Installation Manager launchpad program. If you use the web installation package, the initial download is reduced, and the installation process downloads only the resources that you choose to install.
- Full DVD Contents .zip file: This archive file contains the IBM Installation Manager launchpad and a local copy of all the installable resources. The benefit of using the local install package is that it allows the installation to proceed without an Internet connection. This is a .zip file that is not self extracting.
- Optional: Open a command prompt and change to the directory where you extracted the .zip file to, and enter launchpad.
- In the left menu, click Install client tools.
In the right pane, click IBM Engineering Workflow
Management - Windows
The IBM Installation Manager wizard opens. Follow the instructions in the wizard to install the client.
- Connect to the server by using the
Team Invitation. If you do not have an invitation you can connect
- To connect to the server by using a team invitation:
- On the Engineering Workflow Management Shell Control Panel page, click Accept team invitation. The wizard guides you through the process.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard to set up your connection.
- To connect to the server manually:
For Windows 10 users only: You may additionally need to enable TLS 1.2 from the Engineering Workflow Management Shell preferences. Depending on the Microsoft Windows update you are on, you may notice that logging in to the Engineering Workflow Management repository fails after a connection time out period. This might be caused by a Windows 10 update that expects the clients to be on TLS 1.2. For more information, see this Microsoft support document.
- Ask your server administrator for the URI or URL of the server, such as https://example.com:9443/jazz.
- On the Engineering Workflow Management Control Panel page, click Accept team invitation.
- In the lower-right corner of the Accept Team Invitation window, click the connecting to an existing project area link and follow the instructions in the wizard to set up your connection.
To enable TLS 1.2 in Engineering Workflow Management Shell, see Configuring Engineering Workflow Management clients and build engines to support TLS 1.2 for NIST SP 800-131.
- Check that the client and server versions match.
- Check that the server is running. You can confirm that the server is running by using the status URL. For example: https://example.com:9443/jts.