Interactive removal guide
Select the options that apply to your environment to generate a customized guide to uninstall software packages.
To remove the Rational solution for CLM software packages, follow these steps:
Use IBM Installation Manager to remove installed software packages
If you used IBM Installation Manager to install the previous release, use the procedure in this section to remove the previous release. If you used other methods to install the previous version such as using a .zip file, you must manually uninstall and clean up the previous version directories.
- Ensure the server that you are trying to uninstall is stopped.
Note: If you used the Non-Administrator option of the Launchpad program when installing the software packages, to uninstall those packages you must use My IBM Installation Manager.
- Open Installation Manager and click Uninstall.
- Select the packages that you want to remove and click Next. Check the Version column to ensure you are uninstalling the correct version of the product if you have multiple versions of the same product installed.
- On the next page, note the location of the configuration backup files and click Next.
- Review the summary and click Uninstall.
- Click Finish.
Tip: After uninstall is complete, the backup configuration files will be located in JazzInstallDir/saved-configurations.
- If you installed the Requirements Management plug-in components using the Browser Add-Ons web-based installation, uninstall the browser plug-in from within the browser. For additional information about uninstalling from supported browsers, see this Jazz.net article.
Uninstall application WAR files
After removing the applications by using the Installation Manager Uninstall wizard, you must log on to WebSphere Application Server and uninstall the application WAR files.
- Log on to WebSphere Application Server as an administrator.
- Click Applications > Application Types > WebSphere enterprise applications.
- Select the check box next to the following installed applications and click Uninstall.
Delete custom properties
Ensure that you delete all custom properties that you have previously added.
- Navigate to Servers > Server Types > WebSphere application servers > Server1 > Java and Process Management > Process definition > Java Virtual Machine > Custom properties.
- Select the check box next to JAZZ_HOME, java.awt.headless, log4j.configuration, SQLSERVER_JDBC_DRIVER_FILE (if you connected to an SQL Server database), ORACLE_JDBC_DRIVER_FILE (if you connected to an Oracle database), lqe.config.location, ldx.config.location and click Delete.
Clean up the WebSphere Application Server temp directories
Ensure that you delete all temporary files and directories in the WebSphere Application Server profile.
- Go to WASInstallDir/profiles/AppSrv01/temp/node_name/server1 and delete the application_war directory.
- Go to WASInstallDir/profiles/AppSrv01/temp/wscache and delete the application_war directory.
Note: If you modify the installed packages by removing features and functions, you must manually delete package directories. For example, if you remove Change and Configuration Management application to move to another machine, after the feature removal is complete manually delete JazzInstallDir/server/conf/ccm.