Impact of server rename on integrated products
This topic describes the impact of a server rename on some of the products that integrate with the IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management (ELM) applications, specifically Rational® ClearQuest® and Rational ClearCase®. Additional integrations are described on jazz.net.
Server rename impacts not just the ELM applications but also any applications that integrate with Jazz® Team Server or ELM applications. References to ELM servers, links to ELM artifacts, and connections to Engineering Workflow Management repositories must all be updated. Also impacted are products that contain a Engineering Workflow Management plug-in or provide an optional install of the Engineering Workflow Management client.
- ClearCase Synchronizer and Importer: require Rational ClearCase v7.1.1.x, v7.1.2.x, or v8.0.0.x
- ClearCase Bridge: requires Rational ClearCase v7.1.1.x, v7.1.2.x, or v8.0.0.03 or higher
- ClearQuest Synchronizer: requires Rational ClearQuest v7.1.1.x, v7.1.2.x, or v8.0.0.x
- ClearQuest Bridge: requires Rational ClearQuest v7.1.2.07 or higher, or v8.0.0.03 or higher
For these integrations, you will need to upgrade to the required version, perform the required actions, and, in most cases, plan an outage for the integrated tool. Therefore, if your deployment includes these integrations, you should only undertake a server rename after you have determined that other alternatives, such as using a reverse proxy or updating the DNS server, are not feasible.
- If you are setting up a test staging environment, you must create dummy mappings in the map file to any additional integrations in your deployment. For details, see Mapping file for server rename.
- If you are renaming a pilot or full production deployment, and your deployment includes other integrations, verify that those integrations are supported. For a list of supported integrations, see Impact of server rename and integrated products. If your integration is not supported, do not perform a server rename. Your integrations will break.
To maintain the integration with the ClearQuest Bridge after a server rename, you must run a remapping tool. For details, see Remapping URIs after renaming a server.
To maintain the integration with ClearCase Synchronizer after a server rename, you must update the cqconnector.properties file and perform several other steps. For details, see Preparing for server rename.
To verify the ClearQuest Bridge and ClearCase Synchronizer after a server rename, see Verifying Rational ClearQuest and Rational ClearCase.
Only Engineering Workflow Management integrates with Rational ClearCase.
For details about updating version 220.127.116.11 or higher of the ClearCase Bridge after a server rename, see Updating RTC task links after a server rename operation. This step is not required for the other versions of Rational ClearCase that support server rename which are versions 7.1.1.x and 7.1.2.x.
For details about updating ClearCase Synchronizer after a server rename, see Updating the ClearCase Synchronizer environment after server rename: Production scenarios.
You can find additional information at Verifying Rational ClearQuest and Rational ClearCase.
For ongoing information about products that support server rename and additional supported scenarios, see Impact of server rename and integrated products.