Setting up the database
When you set up a database, the typical order is to create a database, configure the properties file, and then create the database tables. Choose the set of instructions that best matches your environment for configuring the database.
- Create a database.
- Configure the properties files. You can complete this step with the Setup wizard.
- Create the database tables. You can complete this step with the Setup wizard.
- The user in the teamserver.properties file must have system administrator authority over the database.
- If you are creating a database with a user other than the one specified in the teamserver.properties file, you must grant DBADM authority to that user.
- The DBADM user must be able to create and drop tables. Select, insert, delete, and update those tables. Run statistics on the tables and also to be able to create a deadlock monitor for Jazz and have use of the user temporary table space.
- Data warehouse: The RPTUSER user will be granted select privileges to the data warehouse views during the setup wizard.
- To create and set up an Oracle database, the user who is preparing the database must have database administration authority over the database and that the database, tablespace storage, and appropriate storage configuration is created by a user with system administration authority.
- After the tablespaces are created, a special Oracle user must be created for each application to use the Oracle database. For multiple Jazz servers that run on one Oracle database, an Oracle database user must be created for each application. The Oracle database user must be able to create database objects in its tablespace (either unlimited or with a space quota) with privileges to create session, table, procedure, and views.
- Data warehouse: The creation of the data warehouse on Oracle requires more permissions as compared to other databases. When you specify the database user in the connection spec for data warehouse, ensure that the database user has DBA permissions. You can change this permission after the data warehouse is created. To create the data warehouse without DBA permissions, see this Deployment wiki article.
- The user who creates the database table must be a member in the sysadmin fixed server role, or an owner of the database (dbo).
- If you install Jazz Team Server
with the ELM applications either on the same computer or distributed platforms, a separate database
and a database user who is associated with that database must be created. For
CREATE LOGIN jtsDBuser WITH PASSWORD = 'jtsDBpswd'; USE jts; exec sp_changedbowner 'jtsDBuser' GO