Installation verification process (IVP) for z/OS
The IBM® Engineering Lifecycle Management (ELM) installation verification process (IVP) verifies information about settings that you configured during installation on z/OS.
The installation verification process (IVP) provides information about the settings of the following installation configurations:
- General installation
- IBM Engineering Workflow Management (EWM) ISPF client
- Rational® Build Agent
- ISPF gateway.
The IVP checks for things that might cause problems with the listed settings, if they are not set up correctly, such as:
- RACF® permissions on data sets
- RACF on general resource profiles
- UNIX Systems Services (USS) permissions on files and directories
- Space restrictions on configuration and work directories
- ISPF gateway set up
- APF authorizations
- Necessary PARMLIB members are correctly updated.
The IVP has the following restrictions:
- The user ID that runs the IVP process must have sufficient z/OS UNIX authority.
- The IVP process uses SDSF REXX calls and RACF REXX calls. If the user ID that runs this process does not have System Display and Search Facility (SDSF) or RACF authority, the commands fail and return a message indicating the lack of authority.
- If SDSF or RACF is not installed on your system, the commands fail and return a message indicating that the programs are not installed.
Use the SUBMIT command to submit the modified JCL and check the job log. The output from the installation verification process is in DD RTCIVP.
|Variable name||Usage||Default value|
|PREFIX||The data set prefix specified during the SMP/E installation.||BLZ|
|HOME||The path prefix specified during the SMP/E installation.||/usr/lpp/jazz/v7.0.1|
|CONF||The Jazz® Team Server configuration files directory.||/etc/jazz701|
|WORK||The Jazz Team Server working directory.||/u/jazz701|
|ICONV||The location of the iconv installation directory.||/bin/iconv|
|BLZDSAUT||The SBLZAUTH data set containing the BLZPASTK member||BLZ.SBLZAUTH|
|GENIVP||Whether to run the general IVP||Y|
|ISPFIVP||Whether to run the EWM ISPF client IVP||Y|
|BFAIVP||Whether to run the Rational Build Agent IVP||Y|
|GTWYIVP||Whether to run the ISPF gateway IVP||Y|
|JMONIVP||Whether to run Job Monitor IVP||Y|
|APPSIVP||Whether to run ELM server applications IVP||N|
|SRVRIVP||Whether to run application server IVP||N|
|BLZISPFD||Started task name for the EWM daemon start task||BLZISPFD|
|BLZISPFS||Started task name for the EWM daemon stop task||BLZISPFS|
|BLZBFA||Started task name for the Rational Build Agent||BLZBFA|
|BLZJTASK||Started task name for the Job Monitor||BLZJMON|
|BLZJPORT||Port for the Job Monitor||6716|
|CONFGID||Group id for JAZZCONF for configuration directories||1|
|WORKGID||Group id for JAZZWORK for work directories||2|
|DB2SYS||Db2® subsystem for server repositories||DSNA|
|DB2RUN||RUNLIB for Db2 subsystem||DSNA10|
|RUNLIB.LOAD DSNTEP2||DSNTEP procedure name||DSNTEP10|
|BLZLIBAN||Started task for WebSphere Liberty Angel process||BLZZANGL|
|BLZLIBST||Started task for WebSphere Liberty profile server||BLZZSRV|
|SUPPRESS||Suppress information messages||N|
The following table shows the return codes for the IVP.
|0||Indicates that the installation verification has run successfully without any major issues.|
|4||Indicates that the installation verification process has run, but with warnings.|
|8||Indicates that the installation verification process has run, but with errors.|