How many Jazz Team Server to use
When using a departmental or enterprise server, the following points will help you decide how many Jazz Team Server to deploy and how to distribute applications among them.
- Central user and license administration
- Lifecycle project administration
- Improved web-application navigation between applications
- A common data warehouse
- Fewer administration and configuration duties
- When all users and groups are aligned in a single authentication realm.
- When all applications are centrally managed.
All of the example departmental and enterprise topologies illustrate the use of a single, shared Jazz Team Server for multiple distributed applications. However, in some conditions, the use of more than one Jazz Team Server might be preferable.
- When users of different applications must be isolated
- When separate authentication realms are used. Each authentication realm must have its own Jazz Team Server because user identities are based on the user accounts in an authentication realm.
- When applications would otherwise be widely distributed from the Jazz Team Server, thus resulting in performance degradation.