Creating personal dashboards
You can create an unlimited number of personal dashboards to suit different needs.
About this task
You can customize personal dashboards to serve various purposes:
- Track action items, such as open high-severity work items, pending approvals, and new work items that need to be triaged.
- Track workload in a project.
- Track workload across multiple projects, including those projects from other applications.
- Display useful widgets to help you work, such as calendars, time zone clocks, news feeds, and search engines.
New dashboards are pre-populated with a set of widgets that are designed to help a user get started with the dashboard. Personal dashboards are stored on the Jazz® Team Server.
- To perform this task, you must have read/write access to the Jazz Team Server project area, which is available to members of the JazzUsers repository group and most other groups. It is not available to members of the JazzGuests group.
- If you change your user ID, your personal dashboard will not function properly.
- To create a personal dashboard, click the Home icon (). Note: If you previously created a personal dashboard, this action takes you to your default personal dashboard. To create another personal dashboard, click .
- In the Create Dashboard page, select the dashboard template, and click Next.
- In the Select Project Area page, select the project area, and click Finish.
- A dashboard is created with the default title Your-contributor-name’s Dashboard. If you have multiple personal dashboards, you can create unique and descriptive titles for each one to prevent confusion. To change this title, click the dashboard title, and then edit the text.
- The dashboard is populated with a set of widgets. You can add, remove, organize, or edit widgets to customize your personal dashboard. For more information about using widgets, see Adding and configuring widgets.
- Optional: To set any personal dashboard as the default, click the Set as default dashboard icon () in the dashboard toolbar, and then click OK.
- Optional: To access all of your personal dashboards, click the arrow next to the Home icon () to display the menu. All of the personal dashboards that you created are listed under Current Personal Dashboards.
- Optional: To share a personal dashboard and
make it visible to a project or team, click the Sharing
Options icon () in the toolbar,
and then click OK to confirm sharing. Important: Shared personal dashboards display in the All Personal Dashboards list ( ), and they can be displayed in search results in the web client. When a personal dashboard is shared, the Shared dashboard icon () is displayed next to the dashboard in the Personal Dashboards menu.
- Optional: To delete a personal dashboard, click
the Delete icon () in
the dashboard toolbar. Note: It is possible to delete all of your personal dashboards. If you do, you can create one by clicking the Home icon ().