It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restrict delivery to a stream to a specifc role for CC Synchronisation

David Beange (111356100) | asked Jan 22 '13, 1:01 p.m.
RTC v3.0.1.4 & Clearcase 7.1.2.4
I have the Clearcase to RTC synchronising working but would now like to restrict delivery to the Sync Stream to only the designated Sync User.
I have created a new role called "Sync User" and assigned it to the Userid within the Team owning the stream but have not assigned it to the designated Sync Userid in the Project Area. No other user has this role.
In the Team Area I have set the Deliver (Server) Precondition for "restrict change set delivery" and set it for the Sync Stream and have restricted this to any user with the new Sync User role I created.

The pre-condition works and stops an ordinary user delivering to the stream but the CC_Synchronistaion also now fails with the following error
Caused by: com.ibm.team.process.common.advice.TeamOperationCanceledException: 'Deliver' failed. Preconditions have not been met: Error: Internal error

if i then remove the precondition the sync works again.

Any suggestions.

2 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Feb 06 '13, 5:25 a.m.
The issue has been identified as defect Defect 248670: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=248670

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jan 22 '13, 2:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When you configure the pre-condition, did you select the team area? You can select the role in the project or team area. If the project area was selected then your sync user doesn't have that role in the project area.

Alternatively, you can change the owner of the stream to the team area and set the roles so that only the sync user role can deliver. This may be a better configuration if you have multiple components in the stream.

Comments
David Beange commented Jan 23 '13, 12:25 p.m.

Hi Tim
When I configured the pre-condition I selected the Team Area and applied the Role to the Sync User in that Team Area. This is the same team area that owns the stream.
I've just logged onto RTC as the designated sync user and tried to deliver a change to the stream and that works. It appears to be only when it is part of the Syncronisation process that it gets the issue. Does that seem probable or likely?

Tim Mok commented Jan 23 '13, 3:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If it doesn't work with the synchronizer, it might be something wrong with it. I suggest opening a defect against the CC synchronizer.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.