It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Converting a CC process to a RTC process.

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8280269) | asked Jan 22 '13, 10:21 a.m.
Hello all,

At my previous company, I did ClearQuest administration, others did ClearCase. We had base CC, and created our own connections to CQ via cqperl.

Scenario:
As a developer, you could not check out code to work on unless you had a "work item" (in CQ) in the Assigned state and assigned to you.

Is there a way to mimic this in RTC? Or is this only on delivery when you match with a work item?

thanks

SFII

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Jan 22 '13, 12:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not really sure if there is a work around.

But because there is no check out in RTC I could not think about a place to put that constraint. If a workspace is loaded, the files are writable on your local hard disk and RTC does not hinder a user to modify those.

Maybe if there would be a possibility to load the files on a read only mode and have a new operation to change that read only to writable...
Sterling Ferguson-II selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Jan 22 '13, 12:12 p.m.

OK, thanks for that comment. One follow up. What about upon delivery? Can you restrict delivery unless you have a work item attached?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jul 24 '13, 11:49 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, there is a built-in precondition for delivery that you can activate, that requires a work item for a change-set to be delivered.

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 22 '13, 1:26 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 22 '13, 1:27 p.m.
Sterling,

as Hajo suggested, today we have no gating for checking in files. That is something that is requested. Pessimistic checkout support as option is also requested.

You can restrict delivery however. One of the built in advisors (preconditions) allows to define exactly what you want. This can be configured by role in the operational behavior of the process configuration. It is also possible to implement your own operational behavior using Java extensions.

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Jan 22 '13, 1:59 p.m.

thanks for the information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.