It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Future releases - Word document storage location?

MIchelle Sheggeby (1155) | asked Jan 21 '13, 4:35 p.m.
We currently have the Change Management and Requirement piece implemented at my company.   We have a "roadmap", via word documents, on how the future of our products will be released.   I'm looking at a location where I can keep this word document that shows 1 to 2 year of effort.  I think at a low level this can be stored in the Requirements piece, but for the high level (ideas, not requirements) anyone have any ideas on how I can store this in either of the two areas?   Thanks! :)

2 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jan 22 '13, 1:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If using CLM V4.0.1 another option/idea might be to use a combination of both RM and CM.

Use CM for maintaining the backlog of change requests, enhancement requests, defects etc and map those to plan items which in turn map to scenarios (contained in modules imported from the roadmap word documents).

These scenario's then map to user requirements (in RM) and stories (in CM) which are implemented in a specific release.

Proposal on design roadmap-artifacts

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Jan 22 '13, 6:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Michelle,
One option would be to create a work item that tracks your roadmapping effort and attach the document to that work item.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.