It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Contributing Attribute Presentations V4?

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Jan 18 '13, 8:37 a.m.
edited Jan 18 '13, 10:57 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
Hello,

Will the a new wiki page be developed to cover CLM V4 based on the following nice wiki page for V3?

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ContributingAttributePresentations

Thanks and regards

Accepted answer

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Jan 23 '13, 6:16 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 23 '13, 6:20 p.m.
I spoke to the author and a new version of this article has actually been completed in draft form and is awaiting final review. I will see if we can get the schedule pushed up. He also mentioned that the basic technical approach has not changed significantly, so the current article should be a reasonable guide.
Frank Ning selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Frank Ning commented Jan 24 '13, 5:51 a.m.

Thanks, Mullard. Please let us know when the updated one is published.

Kelvin Lui commented May 28 '13, 4:47 p.m. | edited May 28 '13, 5:09 p.m.

Hi I am looking for this article for v4001.  I have tried to import the Eclipse extension example package into RTC4001 (as my server is running on 4001) but experienced bunches of compilation error (probably with mismatch of library level).

Do we have an outlook to publish the v4 article?

Thanks.

Millard Ellingsworth commented May 28 '13, 5:13 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi, Kevin. I checked with the authors again and the official article is still awaiting review and sign-off for publication. I think one reason it is moving slowly is that little has changed and they still maintain the current article is a usable guide. I was told that nothing in the new version would affect your compilation issues as no guidance around that aspect of the article has changed.

sam detweiler commented May 28 '13, 11:06 p.m.

I recently used the V2 & V3 doc to build my first presentation contribution without problem on V4.0.1, (once I figured out the content of the Plugin.XML)

One other answer

permanent link
Yehiel Glass (25538986) | answered Dec 19 '13, 10:09 a.m.

Hi,

I have 4.0.3 version, downloaded the example and have the following error:

The method getDescriptor() is undefined for the type StarAttributePart

and many other warnings:

Discouraged access: The type PresentationHandlerManager is not accessible due to restriction on required library C:\RTC403Dev\installs\rtc-sdk\plugins\com.ibm.team.workitem.ide.ui_3.1.500.v20130502_0139.jar

Because of incompatible versions ? because of missing libraries ? How to fix it ?

Comments
sam detweiler commented Dec 22 '13, 8:36 a.m.

Its just a warning.. it won't stop the extension from working

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.