It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is Enumeration not a valid Type when adding an attribute from the Web UI?

Michael Prentice (622913) | asked Jan 17 '13, 6:37 p.m.
We are using RTC 4.0.1 with DB2 9.7 and WebSphere 8.0 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 (both x64). We are setting up our first project and configuring our Work Item editors and attributes, but we've run into a major issue.

When I do Add Attribute in the Web UI, my Enumerations only show up with 1 option for Type (Enumeration List). But this only allows for creating a Enumeration Picker List or Enumeration Checkbox List. We do not want a list, we want a single selection combo box. This basically breaks the Web UI for defining your Editor Presentations. My team lead does not have knowledge of Eclipse, so I need him to be able to handle this task via the Web UI. But it appears to be impossible atm.

When I do Add Custom Attribute from the Eclipse UI, my Enumerations show up with 2 different options for Type (Enumeration and Enumeration List). I've been able to do this to work around this individual issue, but it is not something that will work for us in the long term.

Is there a way to make this work? Do I need to open an APAR or Work Item for this issue?

I can provide screenshots if necessary, but I believe that this is easily reproducible.

Thank you.

One answer

permanent link
Michael Prentice (622913) | answered Jan 21 '13, 9:51 a.m.
edited Jan 21 '13, 9:52 a.m.
I found what looks like this same issue in the RTC database: 123563

It looks like it was a known issue as of a couple years ago but it was never fixed, just marked as 'works for me'.

I tested just using the value in the drop down without the (Enumeration) listing and it does add it to the attributes as a <Name> (Enumeration). So we will be able to use the WebUI for all of our editor changes, it is just a bit of a confusing usability issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.