It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

List of all the supported attribute and non-attribute types (RTC V4) in information center?

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Jan 17 '13, 9:54 a.m.
retagged Feb 01 '13, 2:32 p.m. by Stephanie Taylor (24115)
Hello,

I really had hard time to find the complete list of the supported attribute (and non-attribute) types (RTC) in CLM V4 information center.

I am looking for a centralized place where I can find all the supported attribute and non-attribute types with explanations. I found the information, which may not be complete, in articles here and there.

Appreciate if anyone has a url to the information center topic.

Thanks and regards

Frank

Comments
Frank Ning commented Jan 17 '13, 2:11 p.m.

Should I open a PMR for this?

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 20 '13, 5:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Frank, What is a non attribute type?

It is easy enough to create a custom attribute and scroll through the list of types available, isn't it? Documenting it would introduce only a potential point of failure.

I would not consider this being a defect so an enhancement request would be appropriate if you want that list.

Frank Ning commented Jan 20 '13, 8:18 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

It is easy to get a list of defined attribute types but the list is lack of explanations. The information center needs to provide a list with details so that users can understand more in what cases use what kind of attributess. I would think it is a document defect.

An example of non-attribute type is Attachments.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jan 27 '13, 9:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you do decide to file an enhancement request on this, I'd suggest requesting that the explanatory text be made available during the customization process itself (via dynamic help), rather than it being placed in documentation, to make it easy to get the "right" version of the help (since new attribute types are often introduced).

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jan 27 '13, 10:09 a.m.
edited Jan 27 '13, 10:09 a.m.
Frank,

which help are u seeking?  for the template/workitem customizer developer, or the workitem USER?

Comments
Frank Ning commented Jan 31 '13, 9:11 a.m.

For the template/workitem customizer developer.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.