It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to connect JIRA Issue to Rational tool (which is already integrated), from JIRA?

Shuchita Tripathi (31436294) | asked Jan 17 '13, 4:39 a.m.

I have integrated JIRA and RTC. I want to connect JIRA issue to RTC from JIRA, not from RTC. That means, first i want to raise an issue in JIRA, and then from JIRS itself, I want to link the issue to RTC story.

Could someone please guide if this is possible? If possible, then how to achieve it?

Also, what is the use of OSLC link when creating an issue in JIRA? Please have a look at the images I have added. The 1st attachment is just to show the issue I am trying to raise and the second attachment shows the OSLC link I am talking about.

Creating issue in JIRA

OSLC Link highlighted

Comments
Akshay Panchakshari commented Aug 03 '16, 2:57 a.m. | edited Jan 04 '17, 5:37 p.m.

Hi Suchita,

We have a need to Integrate RTC and JIRA , You have mentioned in your question that you have connected these two. Could you please provide me some guidance on how to do this and any references available ? We are using RTC version 4.0.7

Thanks
Akshay P

Accepted answer

permanent link
Steve Pitschke (311) | answered Jan 18 '13, 9:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm the dev lead for the JIRA LIA adapter.  If I understand your scenario correctly, you want to link a JIRA issue to a newly created or pre-existing RTC work item FROM JIRA.  Unfortunately, the current JIRA adapter is an OSLC provider but not an OSLC client.  Until we add the OSLC client functionality the linking can only happen from RTC.
Shuchita Tripathi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Shuchita Tripathi commented Jan 18 '13, 10:12 a.m.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the information you provided.

One other answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Jan 17 '13, 3:04 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello
If I understand your question correctly, you want to create a link to a RTC artifact from your JIRA issue.  Just select 'Add' button, add a label and include the URL to your RTC artifact.  JIRA is not using the delegated UI mechanism via OSLC.  RTC along with the Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapter for JIRA makes it possible for you to have a more user friendly experience going from RTC,RQM or RRC to JIRA.

Comments
Shuchita Tripathi commented Jan 18 '13, 10:11 a.m.

Hi Rosa,

Thanks for your answer. I tried the way you mentioned, but even after giving the URL in label (from ADD button) and saving, it is not getting reflected in RTC artifact.

Also, if I am trying to open the artifact I have linked from JIRA, it is giving me an error, which says, either this project does not exists or you dont have permission with this credential.

Jean-Luc Johnson commented Jul 24 '14, 12:43 p.m. | edited Jan 04 '17, 5:38 p.m.

Hello, I'm investigating JIRA + Jazz based on the IBM OSLC connector.
Is there any ongoing work today to extend the adapter with OSLC client capabilities?

Many thanks,
Jean-Luc

Rosa Naranjo commented Jul 24 '14, 3:02 p.m. | edited Jan 04 '17, 5:37 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Jean-Luc
The last piece of work I am aware of was the release of v1.1.2 of the Rational Lifecycle Integration adapter for JIRA.  The functionality available is described here http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rliahelp/v1r1/topic/com.ibm.rlia.doc/com.ibm.rlia.doc_eclipse-gentopic2.html

Please note that Steve Pitschke's comment above still applies about this being an OSLC provider solution.

Jean-Luc Johnson commented Jul 25 '14, 4:00 a.m. | edited Jan 04 '17, 5:37 p.m.

Hi Rosa,
Thanks for the answer. I will look at it. I'm preparing a proposal to a customer. I may have additional questions as soon as the scenario of integration is clear to me.
Many thanks,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.