It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

License compatibility error on version 4.0.0.1

Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | asked Jan 16 '13, 4:27 a.m.
 Hi,
I've an error when trying to add the 10 free license key. When I upload the key the give me an advice that it will inactivate the "Developer" key. As I accept, I find this warning on the license key management:

Inactive (The license key "Rational Team Concert-10 Free" is not compatible with te license type "Developer". It is possible that the key was migrated from an earlier version and is now incompatible with the current version. To fix the problem you may want to either replace the key with an updated version or remove the key if it is possible)

but I've installed directly this version of RTC (it's a brand new installation)...

Any helps?

Thanks,
Michele.

5 answers

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jan 16 '13, 7:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Michele,
please confirm that you installed RTC version 4.0.0.1
and that you downloaded the 10 free CALs from this page:https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0.0.1?p=allDownloads

direct link to free 4.0.0.1 CALs - https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0.0.1/RTC-Developer-10-C-License-4.0.0.1.zip

You may also verify RTC version by going on the Admin WebUI page:
<server:port>//ccm/admin

Let us know.
Thanks.
Eric.

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Jan 16 '13, 7:54 a.m.
Yes, I confirm.
I've also find this defect wi:

using the jar attached it solves the problem.

Comments
Eric Jodet commented Jan 16 '13, 8:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

thanks for the pointer, Michele.
Strange that OOTB CALs did not work for you.

permanent link
Marc Towersap (481711) | answered Jan 31 '13, 3:39 p.m.
 The OOTB CALs are bad.  As Michele pointed out in the link (WI 242921), this is a known issue, but rather than solve it at the source (website where you download trial license jar), they instead chose to have us newbie RTC people hunt for a working jar, or give up and choose a different tool.

Comments
Marc Towersap commented Jan 31 '13, 3:43 p.m.

I downloaded the attachment jar, it's truly a trial version, the license will expire in a about two months.  Not looking good there jazz.net.

permanent link
Oliver Vinn (261) | answered Mar 21 '13, 8:03 a.m.
edited Mar 21 '13, 8:57 a.m.
This has happened before! Issue affects 4.0.0.2 too

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered May 15 '13, 1:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 15 '13, 1:45 a.m.
This problem affects the IBM SmartCloud Enterprise CLM 2012 BYOL image which is 4.0.0.1 - you can't install the 10 free Developer for Workgroups license. By first adding the jar file license (which is a two-month trial) and then trying again to add the 10 free license zip it works.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.