It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create modules as per project requirement in RTC?

Prasad Mandre (2521014) | asked Jan 15 '13, 8:16 a.m.
retagged Jan 16 '13, 8:22 a.m. by Max Bridges (24126)

I am configuring RTC for our project.

I want to segragate defects based on modules in our project. How can segragate defects created automatically to respetive module? Is there any tagging/flag functionality to provide unique ID to defect so that we can use that ID for filteration.

After segragagation can we connect those specific defects of one module to requirements in RRC or test cases in RQM?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 15 '13, 9:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What is a module?

Prasad Mandre commented Jan 15 '13, 11:40 a.m.

If we take an example - in Supply Chain Management project we have to areas - Demand Planning and Production Planning.

Now, If I am setting up CLM for Supply Chain Management Project , can i have Demand Planning and Production Planning as two different identifiers/modules/folders in CLM(RRC,RTC and RQM) so that I can trace it throughout all CLM. 

e.g. Demand Planning Requirements directly connects to Demand Planning Test Scenarios in RQM. Defects created in RQM will directly logged in Demand Planning part of RTC. 

Other way of asking this question is , can we have a common identifier across CLM to trace requirement,tests , defects effectively? 

Prasad Mandre commented Jan 16 '13, 3:00 a.m.

I appreciate your help Ralph. It was helpful.

I have one more query - can we delete completely Project/Timeline/Iteration , workitem or any changes we made in Sandbox ?

I need to know this because I am thinking of creating test project before  i start implementing actual project. I will have to erase test project completely after I start working on Live Project environment.

Max Bridges commented Jan 16 '13, 8:21 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Prasad,

As detailed here, archive your project. Then, just create a new one in the Sandbox.

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 16 '13, 1:58 p.m. | edited Jan 16 '13, 1:59 p.m.

I personally prefer to use a Tomcat/Derby based test server to test stuff out, before trying it in production. The 10 Free licenses are typically all I need for that purpose.

If you need a full CLM, you might want to think about a license dedicated to this. If you have floating licenses, you could draw them from the production server.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 15 '13, 11:53 a.m.
Prasad,

I would suggest to look at https://jazz.net/library/article/589 first. You also might want to look into the links provided recently here: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/99058/what-is-the-best-way-to-learn-the-basics-of-rtc-40, especially the CLM workshop, I think, would be essential.

In general, you can organize work items, using categories, in teams. so if you have special teams that address special requirements domains, you can use teams for that.

There are several types of links for requirements artifacts. You can generate work items from collections, for example and track the requirements as well as understand which collections they belong to.

In general links are pretty flexible and the working model is what you make it.

For work items you can also add custom attributes with, for example, enumerations, which values could represent modules.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.