It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I undelete a test plan

Vijay Sivashankar (111317) | asked Jan 14 '13, 4:26 p.m.
retagged Jan 14 '13, 4:52 p.m. by Max Bridges (24126)
 I have accidently deleted a test plan. I have the link to get to the test plan. But it doesn't show up in the Browse test plan because it is deleted. How can I undelete the test plan?

Comments
Max Bridges commented Jan 14 '13, 5:05 p.m. | edited Jan 14 '13, 7:31 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Vijay,

Would you happen to have any snapshots of this deleted test plan?

5 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jan 14 '13, 6:46 p.m.
You can use the link in your browser to open the test plan editor for the archived test plan.  Alternatively, you could use the RQM Reportable API (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#historyUrl).

permanent link
Vijay Sivashankar (111317) | answered Jan 15 '13, 12:21 p.m.
 Paul, thank you for posting a response.
I am not sure what you mean by "You can use the link in your browser to open the test plan editor for the archived test plan."
Since I had the test plan link, I can still go to the test plan but I cannot do any modifications or I don't know how to bring it back to normal.

I have followed the links you sent, it has instructions on how to delete, but what parameter we need to change to send undelete command?

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jan 15 '13, 1:47 p.m.
You will have to create a new test plan.  You can open the archived test plan in the test plan editor (read-only) or use the RQM Reportable API (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#historyUrl) to view the test plan properties to create the new test plan.

permanent link
Vijay Sivashankar (111317) | answered Jan 15 '13, 2:31 p.m.
 Is there any other way to revert the delete than re-creating the test plan?
If I re-create the test plan, I will need to update the places that are referring to the old link. Also, I am not sure what will happen to the execution records there were against the old test plan.

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jan 15 '13, 2:57 p.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.