It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the best way to learn the basics of RTC 4.0?

John Pitman (13111) | asked Jan 14 '13, 11:37 a.m.
edited Jan 14 '13, 11:38 a.m.
I'm completely new to RTC and I'm currently struggling in the Sandbox. All the tutorials I've found seem to relate to older Eclipse Client versions and I'm finding it difficult to relate these to the 4.0 sandbox environment. Does a simple primer or similar exist anywhere?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 14 '13, 11:54 a.m. | edited Jan 21 '13, 2:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

John, have you looked here: https://jazz.net/products/rational-team-concert/features/ ?

As far as I can tell, you can also connect any Client to the sandbox, as long as you have it installed locally.

John Pitman commented Jan 15 '13, 4:08 a.m.

Thanks Ralph. I'll check these out.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Jan 14 '13, 8:04 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There's some great content on developerworks including this series I was involved with: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/views/rational/libraryview.jsp?product_by=All+Rational+Products&search_by=Scrum+project+management+with+IBM+Rational+Team+Concert+Version+2

Part 3 of the series only uses the web UI (so no issues with Eclipse clients). I'm working on updating the series for RTC 4.x (but that's not going to be out for a month or so).
John Pitman selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
John Pitman commented Jan 15 '13, 4:09 a.m.

Cheers Millard. I appreciate your help.

One other answer

permanent link
Daniel Toczala (88211514) | answered Jan 14 '13, 11:53 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Use the script from the old tutorials, but use it with the Money That Matters sample data available to you in the sandbox.  This will provide some data that is already in place for you to manipulate and work on.

Are you using the Web client with your sandbox instance?

Comments
John Pitman commented Jan 15 '13, 4:07 a.m.

Thanks for you help, Daniel. And , yes, I am using the Web client.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.