It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sent a mail using RTC client java API

Pheneenda gadipoodi (11710) | asked Jan 14 '13, 2:27 a.m.

Hi,

I have simple client side plugin, from the plugin I want to send a mail. Can any one help me what calss I need to use send amils.

I know how to send mails programmatically from server side plugins, we can use IMailService which is part of RTC sdk to send mails from server side plugin.

Please let me know is there any similer calss in client API which I can use to send mails from Client side plugins also.

Thanks & Regards,

Pheneendra G.

One answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Jan 14 '13, 7:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
I'm not aware of a way to send email from the client side.  I'm not sure what your goal is... If you're trying to send emails about build results, you can add an email notification post build participant.  https://jazz.net/forum/questions/75684/send-email-from-custom-build-task has more details.

Comments
Pheneenda gadipoodi commented Jan 14 '13, 11:05 p.m.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to know whether is there any class in client API to use send mails, like we use IMailAervice in RTC SDK for sending the mails. I want to use it in one of my client side plugin where I will query the workitems and I want collect all id's of workitems and send a mail to perticular user by putting al id's in mail. 

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 15 '13, 1:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I searched the Plain Java Client Libraries javadoc, a and could not locate any class that sends mail. This is also logical, because the client does not know the server data e.g. the SMTP information needed. You could either use some classes available in Java or some library to send data from the client, or you could move your extension to the server, where there are classes to send mail.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.