It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I export/import RTC 3.0.1 work items along with their history and attachments?

Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | asked Jan 10 '13, 6:23 a.m.
Hello,

As stated in the summary, can I export/import RTC 3.0.1 work items along with their history and attachments?  CQ had this exact functionality and I would like to know if it was implemented in RTC.  If not, how can I accomplish this without have to build some sort of extension?

Thank you and best regards,

Andrew

2 answers

permanent link
Daniel Toczala (88211514) | answered Jan 10 '13, 2:34 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 You should also take a look at some of Ralph Schoon's work on Downloading and Uploading attachments to work items   A lot of the material on Ralph's blog is very good, and gets into the specifics of HOW to do some of the things that people often want to do via the API, Java Plain Client, and OSLC.

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Jan 10 '13, 7:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Andrew,
It is possible to export work items with the name of their attachments.  https://jazz.net/library/article/522 has instructions on exporting work items.  When you open the Add Columns dialog, click on the Show Links check box and then select Attachments.  It seems that this simply exports the name of the attachment rather than the attachment itself.  I have not yet figured out how to include the work item history.  Hopefully someone else will know how to do this. :-)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.