It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

jvm.dll issue with RTC 3.1.0.4 install on WinXP VMWare image

Amlan Sengupta (33289) | asked Jan 09 '13, 8:43 a.m.
retagged Apr 23 '13, 3:37 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)
 Hello,

- My host system is Lucid
- I am running Win XP on VMWare
- RTC 3.0.1.4 with default install.

As soon as I bring RTC up i keep getting the following.  Wondering if anyone had some suggestions. Everything so far seems to be working fine.

- Amlan

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Jan 09 '13, 8:46 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What do you mean by "Everything so far seems to be working fine."? Do you mean up until this point everything seemed fine and other things you do on the VM seem fine or that you dismiss this dialog and everything works fine despite it?

Amlan Sengupta commented Jan 10 '13, 3:11 a.m. | edited Jan 10 '13, 1:23 p.m.

Millard,

up until this point everything seemed fine and other things you do on the VM seem fine ? - Yes everything seems to work without any problem.

you dismiss this dialog and everything works fine despite it ? - Yes and I end up dismissing the dialog by clicking ok and everything keeps working fine so far.

- Amlan

Amlan Sengupta commented Jan 10 '13, 3:16 a.m. | edited Jan 10 '13, 3:19 a.m.

Something I did forget to mention is that I am bringing the server up in debug mode using

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xdebug
set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=3388

I am not sure if this could be contributing to the problem. - Amlan

I just tested it without debug being enabled, same issue. - Amlan

2 answers

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Jan 10 '13, 1:31 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Not my favorite answer, but Windows XP is not a supported operating system for the server: https://jazz.net/library/article/632

Have you used this approach on a non-VMWare Win XP and found it to work? If so, it's likely something to do with the VM configuration or the WinXP installation/configuration on the VM (which I'm not qualified to speak to).

Comments
Amlan Sengupta commented Jan 11 '13, 2:31 a.m. | edited Apr 23 '13, 10:19 a.m.

I see. Thank you for getting back to me. I might just put up with this problem till I get to migrate away from XP. Thank you. - Amlan

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Apr 23 '13, 4:41 a.m.
Seems to be a known issue with Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935448/en-us

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.