It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4. Work Items from RRC

Len Stockdale (1412123) | asked Jan 08 '13, 5:00 a.m.
retagged Jan 13 '13, 10:48 a.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
Hello

I am using RTC 4 installed on a Windows PC.

Is it possible to create work items from RRC requirements. If so how do you achieve this please.

Thanks

Len

2 answers

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Jan 13 '13, 10:48 a.m.
This is documented in the Creating work items from requirements help topic.

Ken

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Jan 08 '13, 7:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 08 '13, 7:07 a.m.
Hi Len,

It is possible to create work items from RRC requirements.  Our BVT scenario we run every day does just this.  The full scenario with instructions is available at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ClmTesting . 

Be sure you have associations set up between your RRC and RTC project areas.  You can setup the association by authenticating as an administrator, opening the admin console (ccm/admin or rm/admin), and opening the project area.  The RTC project area should have a "provides" association set to Implementation Requests for your RRC project area and also a "provides" association set to Requirements Change Requests for your RRC project area.  The RRC project area should have a "uses" association set to Implementation Requests for your RTC project area and also a "uses" association set to Requirements Change Requests for your RRC project area.

Next, add your requirements to a requirement collection (instructions in the Start CD Classic Project section).  Then link your requirement collection to a RTC plan (instructions in the Plan the Development and Testing section).  Then you can create work items for your requirement collection by opening the RTC Plan, going to the Links tab, hovering over the requirement collection, and clicking the Create Work Items from Requirements button (instructions in the Plan the Development and Testing section).

Comments
Len Stockdale commented Jan 09 '13, 6:40 a.m.

Lauren

Thanks for your response. Sadly this does not appear to work for me. I have checked my associations and they appear to be set up in the way you describe.

I created a requirement collection but when I try to link it to a test plan in my RTC, I do not see the test plan in 'Select Artifacts' list. I think this is because the only project area in the Create Link dialog is my requirements project. I cannot select the RTC project area.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Len

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Jan 09 '13, 6:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Len,

When I try to create the link using the "Implemented By" link type, the Create Link dialog opens.  In the artifact container drop down, the only project area I am able to select is the RTC (CCM) project area.  My requirements project area is not listed. 

Are you creating the link by using the "Implemented By" link type?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.