It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deleting a work item in 4.0

Tina Zeman (1778) | asked Jan 07 '13, 5:05 p.m.
retagged Jan 11 '13, 9:47 a.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Previous posts have indicated that this is from the help on deleting work items: 

"To delete work items, you must be a member of the JazzAdmins or the JazzProjectAdmins repository group; and, in the project area or team area, you must be assigned a role that has permission to delete a work item "

In 4.0 I have JazzAdmins access and my role has "Delete Attachments" checkmarked in the Save Attachments subfolder under Work Items.  I can't find any permission specifically for deleting work items.  I can see the red X when I open the work item.  When I click it and confirm that I want to delete I get that the work item can't be deleted and references CRJAZ6053E in the help.  Any suggestions on how I can give myself permission to delete a work item?

One answer

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Jan 07 '13, 5:23 p.m.
The Delete Work Item permission is at the team level, while the Delete Attachment permission you mention is at the project level.  To grant yourself permission to delete via the web, go to Manage This Project Area, select Permissions, Team Configuration, select the appropriate role, then expand Work Items and Delete Work Item will be the second entry in the list.  In Eclipse, open the Project Area editor, go to the Process Configuration tab, expand Team Configuration and select Permissions.  Select the appropriate role, then expand Work Items and Delete Work Item will be the second entry in the list.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.