It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In 4.0 can I move ONE work item to another project area using the web client?

Tina Zeman (1778) | asked Jan 07 '13, 4:41 p.m.
retagged Jan 11 '13, 9:03 a.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
Have read through various posts about moving work items between project areas and it appears a plug-in is required if you want to move multiple work items at once.  But if I only want to move 1 work item the posts seems to indicate that I should see an option, either within the work item or in the actions menu next to an unopened work item to move it to a different project area, but I'm not seeing that option.  Is this possible using the web client rather than Eclipse?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Jan 07 '13, 5:03 p.m.
In the web client work item editor, its the second icon to the left of the Save button.  It looks like two buckets with a green arrow.
Tina Zeman selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Jan 11 '13, 9:02 a.m.
This is documented in the Triaging work items topic in the information center.  The icon is not intuitive, so we'll update the help topic to include a screen cap of the icon.

Ken

Comments
Tina Zeman commented Jan 11 '13, 10:01 a.m.

Thanks very much for understanding my pain (and embarrassment at not seeing the icon)!

permanent link
Nhi P Ta (18841018) | answered Jan 07 '13, 5:00 p.m.
Hi Tina,

I am only aware of moving work item when it is openned. The option is on the top right side of an openned workitem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.