It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] scm share command shows "ambigious workspace/stream" but UI only shows one

Steve Heyman (823) | asked Jan 07 '13, 4:38 p.m.
closed May 22 '23, 2:58 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
I have a single workspace called "MY WORKSPACE".  I can login to the web UI and see it, and if I search on "MY WORKSPACE" I get just that one.

However, on the command line, I am trying to issue an SCM SHARE command it it tells me that there are apparently more than one workspaces that match.

The command I am using is:

scm share -r "MY-RTC-HOST"   "MY WORKSPACE"   "MY COMPONENT"   dirToBeShared

It comes back with this msg:

Ambigious selector "MY WORKSPACE" matched multiple items:
Possible matches:
  (1000) "MY WORKSPACE"
  (1001) "MY WORKSPACE"
Problem running 'share':
Ambiguous workspace/stream "MY WORKSPACE"

I only see one "MY WORKSPACE" so I have no idea why scm command says there are two.  Anything I can do to see what the problem is?  This is RTC version 4.

Thanks!

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by rschoon May 22 '23, 2:58 a.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jan 07 '13, 7:23 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I did a quick test, and unfortunately, it appears that the command line does not filter based on workspaces that are visible to you.  So if someone has a private workspace (that you cannot see) that has that same name, the command line will generate that error message.

I've submitted work item scm command line complains about "ambiguous workspace selector" when someone else's private workspace has the same name as mine (246409)  for this issue.
Steve Heyman selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Steve Heyman commented Jan 08 '13, 2:41 p.m.

Thanks - I'll follow that work item.

One other answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jan 10 '13, 12:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 10 '13, 12:06 a.m.
For now, you could call 'scm list workspace -r repouri -c your_userid which will return workspaces owned by you. You can then use the the 4 digit alias shown in brackets in your commands instead of the workspace name. Note: the aliases cannot be used across systems or it should not be used in scripts.

To list the uuid of the workspace, run 'scm -u y list workspace ...'.