It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot find selected OSGI framework

Meera Varma (911012) | asked Jan 07 '13, 12:13 p.m.
I have set up the RTC jazz repository for plugin development in eclipse using Jetty server. I create local project areas. I have been using it for a while ,and accidently I clicked on the Create RTC test database launch and I lost all the local projeact areas I had. I realized this and decided to complete the test db creation. HOwever once that is done, when I click on Jetty RTC Server.Launch it gives and error "Cannot find selected OSGi framework". Not sure what would be the issue. Appreciate you help.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 09 '13, 9:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Meera, I always use https://jazz.net/library/article/1000 to set up my environments and it never fails me. Upgrading the workshop to 4.0 however, I noticed that the test to create the database for jetty shows a missing bundle. this did not prevent it from running, but others might not work. I would also check the target environment setting. Maybe that setting got lost? Another issue I started seeing with 4.0 is that if I did not set my workspace to UTF-8 the test to setup the repo did not work.

Last but not least, please look at how the workshop organizes the workspaces. If you follow that schema, you could copy the whole workspace and its containing folder which should keep your environment. You should also be able to backup the runtime environment.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.