It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why do formatting of RRC artifacts' rich-text tables change in RPE reports?

Sabuj Samanta (2321012) | asked Jan 07 '13, 6:04 a.m.
The formatting of RRC artifact's rich text section's tables are not persisting in RPE reports. Is there any way to retain the table formats (e.g. font, color, border etc.) in reports?

One answer

permanent link
Jorge Flores (1092) | answered Jan 07 '13, 10:37 a.m.
The reason for that is that RPE up to the version 1.1.2.2 does not support html rich text, all the formatting has to be recreated after extracted from the Reporting API some of the color, borders highlights headers  are not recreated for performance reasons.

How ever the  new  version of  RPE 1.2 does support  html rich text, so once that version is adopted those problems  will be resolved or minimized.

Regards.

Comments
Alberto Teodoro commented Sep 11 '13, 9:32 a.m.

Hi Jorge,
from which RRC version, the html rich text is supported by the RRC Reporting embedded engine?
We actually are using the CLM 4.0.2 in Production Environment for our Projects: we are not able to obtain the right expected formatting in all (even for the custom ones) reports that reproduce the edited RRC Artifacts.

In the case that also the RRC Reporting engine does not supports this feature, do you know if we could have at disposal a fix for 4.0.2, that allows us to not rise up the entire CLM version?

Best Regards
Alberto

Jorge Flores commented Sep 11 '13, 3:15 p.m.

Hi Alberto,

The new rich text on tables are supported since 4.0.3, but I will recommend to use the latest version of the product 4.0.4, It contains additional improvements.

I  am not sure that the fixes deliver on 4.0.3 can be ported to 4.0.2 since we it included several changes on the API and new RPE plugins.

Daniel Moul commented Sep 11 '13, 4:38 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It may be possible to  upgrade only the JTS and RM application. But double-check the documentation or ask product support (whether it's possible for JTS + RM to be at 404 while RTC and RQM are at 402).  But it might be risky -- I can imaging the upgrade testing done by the CLM team might address only one level back (e.g. JTS+RM at 404 and RTC and RQM at 403, not 402) -- please note that I am speculating here.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.