It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Taskboard view using state groups in Eclipse Client

Caroline Smith (4611923) | asked Jan 07 '13, 5:08 a.m.

Hi,

I am using the taskboard view in the eclipse client V3.0.1 but I am seeing strange behaviour.  I have 10 state groups for my work items.  In the web client these 10 state groups show up as the swim lanes in the taskboard but the web client is impossible to look at since it has a bug with column resizing and it only takes up the width of the browser and doesn't allow ou to scroll across  in a more readable format.

So in the Eclipse client it only shows state groups, To Do, In Progress and Done.  These are not any of my state groups.  I need to know how to get this to display the same as the web client.  My other option of using the workflow is no good here ether as there are different  work items types with different workflow states.

Any help of this would be much appreciated.  This is a critical view to use when you are using Kanban and at the moment neither UI works in a desirable manner.

Thanks

Caroline

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jan 07 '13, 6:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Caroline

This sounds like a defect - please raise a defect against planning and the v3.0.1 Eclipse client.  Go to the My Stuff page here on jazz.net (see the menu top of this screen) then click on Submit a bug.

I think you are saying that you are displaying multiple work item types on the same plan (apologies if I have misunderstood the info).  It may be picking up one work item state groups rather than al of them.

You should be able to see the web plan inside your Eclipse client - does that have the same column resizing bug?

anthony.

Comments
Caroline Smith commented Jan 07 '13, 6:36 a.m.

Hi Anthony,

Even with just one work item type the state groups are always To Do, In Progress and Done.  When I search for these words inside the process configuration source I cannot find them configured in there.  No matter what workflow I look at they all have the same 10 custom states and the three shown are not part of this 10.  I cannot find any mapping anywhere between my workflow states and these three that show up on the taskboard.

Can you tell me how to look at the web plan inside the Eclipse Client please?

Anthony Kesterton commented Jan 08 '13, 6:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hmm - that I don't quite understand.  I would have expected New, Open and Closed as default state groups.

I recall 3.0 was when we started asking if you wanted to view the plan via the web or the native View.  You should be able to open an Eclipse browser window from within Eclipse and navigate to the location anyway - but let me try and find this on a 3.0 instance (I don't have one on my machine) and give you proper instructions

Caroline Smith commented Jan 14 '13, 11:16 a.m.

The only options I have are to view in eclipse or the web client which opens it in IE.  In the web client it shows the correct 10 state groups that I have setup.  But in the eclipse client it always shows state groups To Do, In Progress and Done even though I do not use any of these as state groups.  I am trying to figure out where these state groups are configured so I can change them and why it is not using my custom state groups.  I definitely think this is a bug.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.