It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

QM 4.0.1 Data Collection Job "Quality Management" consistently fails

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Jan 04 '13, 10:54 p.m.
retagged May 28 '13, 11:10 a.m. by Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623)
Hello,

This is for QM 4.0.1 on Linux 5.8 X64 with WAS 8.0.3 (non clustering) and DB2 V9.7 (HADR).

The data collection job "Quality Management" always fails even the collection user has the QM collection license, in JazzAdmins group and even has dbadm access to the databases. The collection ID is also a member of the QM project. The ID can be used to login qm/admin as well to run jobs.

I even tried to create a new customer key associated with that collection ID as a function user and used the key and secret to collect the data for quality management, it still fails. The other three jobs are OK: Common, Repository and Work Items.

The qm-etl.log shows the following errors, which does not ring any bell since the user password, license, group, project access all look OK. The other three jobs are fine.

2013-01-04 22:02:44,111 [             WebContainer : 12] ERROR com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.rqm              - RemoteRQMSnapshotService:updateSnapshot AQXRE5002E Artifact data was not pulled into the reporting data warehouse because of the following exception: An exception has occurred during ETL Job execution. ETL job terminating with following error message:com.ibm.rational.etl.common.exception.ETLException: com.ibm.rational.etl.common.exception.ETLException: com.ibm.rational.dataservices.client.auth.AuthenticationException: CRRRE1417E: The HTTP status '401' and the message is 'Unauthorized'. The user may not have privilege to access the project area or the username or password may be incorrect or ETL user does not have Data Collector license or Jazz Admin privilege.
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: An exception has occurred during ETL Job execution. ETL job terminating with following error message:com.ibm.rational.etl.common.exception.ETLException: com.ibm.rational.etl.common.exception.ETLException: com.ibm.rational.dataservices.client.auth.AuthenticationException: CRRRE1417E: The HTTP status '401' and the message is 'Unauthorized'. The user may not have privilege to access the project area or the username or password may be incorrect or ETL user does not have Data Collector license or Jazz Admin privilege.

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: An exception has occurred during ETL Job execution. ETL job terminating with following error message:com.ibm.rational.etl.common.exception.ETLException: com.ibm.rational.etl.common.exception.ETLException: com.ibm.rational.dataservices.client.auth.AuthenticationException: CRRRE1417E: The HTTP status '401' and the message is 'Unauthorized'. The user may not have privilege to access the project area or the username or password may be incorrect or ETL user does not have Data Collector license or Jazz Admin privilege.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Jan 27 '13, 8:20 a.m.

Follow-up problem:   I'm seeing failure always on one particular QM ETL:

2013-01-27 02:09:37,001 [jazz: AsynchronousTaskRunner-3] ERROR com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.rqm              - RemoteRQMSnapshotService:runODS AQXRE5002E Artifact data was not pulled into the reporting data warehouse because of the following exception: An exception has occurred during ETL Job execution. ETL job terminating with following error message:
com.ibm.rational.etl.common.exception.ETLException: com.ibm.rational.etl.common.exception.ETLException: com.ibm.rational.dataservices.client.auth.AuthenticationException: CRRRE1405E: The '400' HTTP status code is returned from the remote server.  The user may not have privilege to access the project area or the username or password may be incorrect or ETL user does not have Data Collector license or Jazz Admin privilege.

But this occurs only after having run QM job successfully for 5 other project areas.
The Project Area's Access Control is "members only".

I've turned on ETL debug and will try to determine more.

Andal Prassan commented Feb 07 '13, 4:39 a.m. | edited May 28 '13, 11:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Are you using LDAP for the user registry ?If so , is the functional_user configured on the LDAP ?And also does the functional user have Quality Professional license also configured ?

Frank Ning commented Feb 07 '13, 8:25 a.m.

Yes to all the questions.

It has been identified that the QM 4.0.1 has an issue with project name like "A+B_C". The plus sign caused the failure of the collection job. A PMR was opened to follow-up the issue.

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jan 06 '13, 1:28 p.m.
edited Jan 06 '13, 1:34 p.m.
 See:  https://jazz.net/forum/questions/96722/why-are-data-warehouse-jobs-failing-with-peer-not-authenticated

Also check the Data Warehouse admin page fpr QM  It may be that the authentication type is "Form" and needs to be "OAuth" or vice versa.

I had this also until I changed OAuth to Form.

See also https://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/topic/com.ibm.rational.reporting.admin.doc/topics/t_configure_form_authentication.html

Comments
Frank Ning commented Jan 07 '13, 10:37 p.m.

Hi Kevin,

The link inside the above link is broken.

Hi Kevin,

The link is broken.

I checked the WAS Security. Mine is already SSL_TSL.

Regarding the "XDC Authentication Type" on qm/admin, it is JTS. I changed it to Form and still get the error.

Kevin Ramer commented Jan 08 '13, 8:31 a.m.

I can follow both links w/o issue.  I'd suggest you create a work item against QM.

permanent link
Frank Ning (50025119133) | answered Feb 17 '13, 10:02 a.m.

The solution for my case is to add the following entry to IBM HTTPS reverse proxy server's httpd.conf:

SetEnv websphere-nocanon 1

Then restart the HTTPS server.

This case from comment 49 in the following work item:

https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=79350

Comments
Rosa Naranjo commented May 28 '13, 11:13 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Frank

Please select your answer above as the correct answer for your own question. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.