It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Pause and resume a test suite?

Suresh Raman (9152332) | asked Jan 04 '13, 1:57 p.m.
RQM 4.0

There is already this question posted out there, but I did not see any answers and hence reposting. I have a suite with 32 test cases each having a test script. I have the following questions and any help would be much appreciated.
1. I don't see a Pause button to pause the execution of the suite.
2. Each time I run, it is asking to select the test cases. Is it how it is supposed to work?
3. Lets say, I want to pause after executing 10 test cases and restart from where I left the next time I login, how to do this?
4. How and when is the Result record created?

Thanks for all the responses.
Suresh

One answer

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Jan 06 '13, 2:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There are 2 ways to run a test suite - i) in sequence ii) in parallel. If you run test suite in parallel, then in the suite execution console, you will get entry (Execution Request) for all the 32 test cases. When you run the test suite in sequence, once the execution of test case is over, you will get the next entry (Execution Request) for the next test case. You can pause the execution of one test case. There is no concept of pausing execution of test suite as test suite execution is nothing but the execution of all the test cases within it. If you are executing test suite in sequence and pause the execution of the test case, you will not get the entry for the next test case in the suite execution console. But when you run the test suite in parallel, you will get all the entry in the suite execution console when suite execution starts.
If you execute a test suite, it will be a new fresh execution of the test suite. It will execute all the test case within the test suite.
If you want to pause after executing 10 test cases, execute the 10th test case. you will get the entry for the 11 the test case in the suite execution console. Close the suite execution console. Next time when you logged in, open Execution->Execution Console. Identify the entry (Execution Request) for the 11th Test Case for the suite. Click the Suite Progress bar. That will take you to the suite execution console again.
When you execute a test suite, test suite result gets created. But it will be in in-progress state. Once you execute all the test cases within the test suite, it will show the result status either as pass, failed or error depending the result of the test cases.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.