It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

z/OS "Build engine process may not be running"

Robert Johnston (4378) | asked Jan 04 '13, 11:25 a.m.

We have RTC 4.0.1 up and going and have been running builds to z/OS successfully.  A couple days ago our morning build ran successfully and then a build was requested an hour or so later and went into pending status. We have 2 z/OS build agents on 2 different z/OS systems and both are now reporting as "Warning the build agent process may not be running" and everything we send them goes into pending status. From the build engine definition page, we can ping the agents and they both reply successfully.  I don't see anything interesting (to me) in the agent logs.  We have recycled both z/OS systems without impact.

Any suggestions on what to look at ?

Thanks

Rob.

3 answers

permanent link
Tami Takamiya (2011110) | answered Jan 07 '13, 10:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can you try to cancel those pending jobs and re-submit a new job?

I terminated the agent process on z/OS, submit a build request and restarted the agent after the submitted job is displayed as "Pending".  The pending job was never processed.  But after the job was cancelled, a new job was processed properly.  So I think there seems a problem in these areas. 

Tami (Masaaki) Takamiya

permanent link
Dennis Behm (3821315) | answered Jan 11 '13, 9:07 a.m.
I also experienced the behavior Robert described, but got it back running with Tamis hint. It this issue reproducible?

Dennis

permanent link
Tami Takamiya (2011110) | answered Jan 14 '13, 10:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As I wrote in my first reply, I could reproduced the problem by terminating the agent process on z/OS (intentionally), submit a build request and restarted the agent after the submitted job is displayed as "Pending".

Tami (Masaaki) Takamiya

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.