It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to have a taskboard or Kanban view by Status, instead of status group?

kuo hao tah (1142830) | asked Jan 01 '13, 6:13 p.m.
Hi There,

At the moment, by design, the RTC Kanban and Taskboard views only display the StateGroups, of work items. I'd like to be able to configure, such that there is a view that allows to choose the particular work item, then shows columns in terms of States, instead of StateGroups.

The reason is because I'd only ever use the Kanban view to view states of the UserStory work item, it must the states, not the stategroups (else I'd have to create a stategroup for every state, which is redundant)

Please let me know if this is OoTB, if not
a) Is there a future enhancement for this planned,
b) If not I'll proceed to enhance it myself from the API.

Thanks,
KH

3 answers

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54249) | answered Sep 04 '13, 10:28 a.m.

permanent link
Evan Leonard (4667) | answered Jan 25 '13, 12:29 p.m.
 I noticed that the eclipse client has the functionality to show the status of a workflow as columns. It seems to work in the eclipse client, but the web client ignores the setting.  What was the reason for not bringing those over to the web?  I'm trying to make a portfolio kanban using a higher-level custom work item type, and would REALLY like to have a Kanban view that just shows the workflow for this custom type.   Will Enhancement 216786 cover this case?

Comments
Stuart Cornell commented Sep 04 '13, 7:54 a.m.

Evan. Where is this setting to use the status for the columns? I cannot find it.

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Jan 02 '13, 4:15 a.m.

We discussed this with IBM some month ago in following Forum entry:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/81008/how-do-i-control-what-state-groups-are-columns-in-a-taskboard

It ended in an enhancment request.

I think for the KANBAN it is the same mechanism.

Allow control of what state groups are used as Taskboard columns
Enhancement 216786

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.