It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0.1 failing when launch

carlos roberto (21443030) | asked Dec 27 '12, 12:02 p.m.
 When I try to launch my RTC 3.0.1 client it fails whit no error message. 
I that it asks for workspace, continue to load and then crashes.
Any idea?

Comments
Karl Weinert commented Dec 27 '12, 12:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Check for a javacore file in the RTC-Client root directory.
It may also be in one of the jdk sub directories, the system32 directory if on Windows or tmp on Unix\Linux
If you find it take note of the "Dump Event" line.
Also is there anything written to the .log file in the ..\workspace.metadata directory?

carlos roberto commented Dec 28 '12, 9:11 a.m.

My client is a  Windows XP that worked fine until now.

Checking the log file in .metadata directory I could see that looks like RTC if failing when loading my existing Team Repository. I tried with a new workspace and RTC loaded fine. Below is the error message in my log file.

carlos roberto commented Dec 28 '12, 9:13 a.m.

Below is part of the error message in my log file.

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.fullversion=J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows XP x86-32 j9vmwi3223ifx-20100511 (JIT enabled)
J9VM - 20100509_57823_lHdSMr
JIT  - 20091016_1845ifx7_r8
GC   - 20091026_AA
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -product com.ibm.team.concert.product
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -data C:\jazz\workspace -product com.ibm.team.concert.product

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2012-12-28 11:47:34.687
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepositoryService.getTeamRepository(TeamRepositoryService.java:96)

carlos roberto commented Dec 28 '12, 9:14 a.m.

!STACK 0

at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepositoryService.getTeamRepository(TeamRepositoryService.java:96)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepositoryService.getTeamRepository(TeamRepositoryService.java:130)
at com.ibm.team.process.rcp.ui.teamnavigator.ConnectedProjectAreaRegistry.setStateFromMemento(ConnectedProjectAreaRegistry.java:1283)
at com.ibm.team.process.rcp.ui.teamnavigator.ConnectedProjectAreaRegistry.restoreStateFromMemento(ConnectedProjectAreaRegistry.java:1400)

carlos roberto commented Dec 31 '12, 9:05 a.m.

In short, the RTC loads when  I start a new workspace but it fails to load the repository when I try to load my existing workspace.

Any idea?

2 answers

permanent link
Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718) | answered Jan 02 '13, 3:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
@carlosl: Could this be related to Cannot reuse workspace with 3.0.1.1 after opening the workspace with 4.0 (214214)? Did you happen to use this workspace with a 4.x RTC?

Comments
carlos roberto commented Jan 03 '13, 12:00 p.m.

I see a similar situation. How can I use the same workaround? What means "add all the repo and project connections, recreate all my favorites". I guess that I need copy somethings to new workspace but seems to be others things that I cannot copy. Is that right? What are the things to copy?
thanks.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Dec 31 '12, 9:09 a.m.
did you try and eclipse -clean start?

Comments
carlos roberto commented Jan 02 '13, 12:18 p.m.

When I am asked to load workspace and eclipse is loading, it still fails even when using the option -clean start.
Looks like the issue is loading the workspace. I guess there is something in workspace configuration or whatever that makes eclipse fail.  Here is the line where Team Repository Service fails:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.