It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Assertion faliled error when updating attribute of Integer type in Work Item.

Sarthak Sharma (4711620) | asked Dec 20 '12, 8:46 a.m.
When I am trying to update attribute of Integer type in work item(Working Copy), Then by using saveWorkItem method I am unable to save the work item, even though I am sending Integer object as attribute value.

But same code works fine , when Attribute is of String type and and value being set is of String type.

Comments
Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Jan 02 '13, 6:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Sarthak,
Were you able to resolve this issue?  If not, can you include the code you are using and the errors you getting?

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Jul 22 '13, 1:49 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Are you using the API or typical usage through the web ui?
You will need to gather some more information about the 'assertion failed' error. If you are using the API, try to reproduce in the web UI using normal usage by updating the attribute. You can add debug=true? after the # in your URL, and this will enable some debug trace to give you a full error.
I have seen assertion failed errors in past PMRs where there was a faulty customization through the source which was not initialized properly.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.