It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

snapshot event handling in server plugin

scott herzinger (1367) | asked Dec 18 '12, 1:53 p.m.
retagged Oct 08 '15, 8:54 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I have developed plugins that implement OperationAdvisors and OperationParticipants for work item save and changeset/baseline delivery operations ("com.ibm.team.workitem.operation.workItemSave" and "com.ibm.team.workitem.operation.workItemSave", resp).

I also need to support snapshot events. I have several questions, starting with:
  1. What's the difference between "operations" and "events" with regard to Operation Behavior and Event Handling?
  2. Are there separate APIs for operations and events? If so, what is the API for events, and where are the event types enumerated (and, hopefully, documented)?
  3. Is there any information for event handling, similar to or along the lines of the RTC 3.x/4.x Extensions Workshops (https://jazz.net/library/article/634/, https://jazz.net/library/article/1000)?
  4. Any pointers into the client API classes that would help?

Thanks in advance for all suggestions, advice, etc.

Scott

Comments
sam detweiler commented Oct 08 '15, 9:25 a.m.

can't be client apis for a server side plugin.

event handler is just that.. handle the raw events..  I made one a couple years ago.. looking for it now..

One answer

permanent link
scott herzinger (1367) | answered Oct 08 '15, 9:44 a.m.
For what it's worth, at various times I found info in client API docs that helped me, even on the server side, where it was often hard to find anything. I can't remember it that applied in this case, but I did eventually find a solution in which I subclassed IChangeEventHandler.

IChangeEventHandlerIChangeEventHandler
IChangeEventHandler
IChangeEventHandler

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.