It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does IE 10 pre-release on Windows 7 will work with RTC 4.0?

Agostino Colussi (367) | asked Dec 18 '12, 9:47 a.m.
 Hi 
I verified that connecting a RTC 4.0 server using IE 10 pre-release on Windows 7 is not working (it hangs)
Connecting using last versions of Firefox and Chrome works.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rob Retchless (31125) | answered Dec 18 '12, 2:26 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I use IE10 to access RTC web UI and it works great (I'm on Windows 8 though).  All Jazz applications send the X-UA-Compatible meta tag to force newer versions of IE into a supported mode. In 4.0.0.1 and 4.0.1, it's forced into IE=9 mode, so even though IE10 is not officially supported yet, it will work just fine. 

Look for official support to be added in the March-June 2013 timeframe, although it's not officially planned yet. I opened a work item against Jazz Application Frameworks. Feel free to subscribe to it for updates: https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/245361
Agostino Colussi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Agostino Colussi commented Dec 31 '12, 7:09 a.m.

Hi Mark, thanks for your answer but the problem should reside in the combination 

IE 10 pre-release running on Windows 7 (SP1 installed) connecting to RTC server 4.0.0.1. 
As previously reported the same PC environment works connecting to RTC server 4.0.1

2 other answers

permanent link
Agostino Colussi (367) | answered Dec 18 '12, 11:07 a.m.
Thanks for the link. I was aware about the supported browser versions.
I only asked if there are plan to support IE 10 also. 
In any case I verified that
  • IE 10 works connecting to RTC server 4.0.1
  • IE 10 hangs connecting to RCT server 4.0.0.1 
So it seems RTC did fix something on 4.0.0.1

Comments
Guido Schneider commented Dec 18 '12, 12:12 p.m.

IE10 with Windows 8 and RTC V.4.0.1 RTC V.4.0.0.1 works for me. It has some rendering issues (e.g. icons in query results. but I have not seen any dramatic stuff.)
Not tested with WIndows 7 and IE10.

permanent link
Rajesh Avanthi (10815138173) | answered Dec 18 '12, 10:43 a.m.
Hi

Please refer the below link for all supported versions of browsers:
   https://jazz.net/library/article/811/

Regards
Rajesh

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.