It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

about rational doors

avinash shukla (1111416) | asked Dec 18 '12, 7:58 a.m.
I am new to Rational, i want to know which requirement management tool is best is it rational doors or rational doors next generation.and why it is best....why did IBM developed many requirement management tools why not one...and for what purpose each of the rational tool is benificial. was there a need to develop many requirement management tools?

2 answers

permanent link
Keith Collyer (456511) | answered Jan 07 '13, 9:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Vatsala has provided the answer to the question of which tool to use.
As to why there are so many, this is mostly historical.
  • RequisitePro came with Rational and has been around for a long time. It is mostly (though not exclusively) used in more agile IT environments.
  • DOORS came with Telelogic and has also been around a long time. It is mostly (though not exclusively) used in large systems engineering environments. DOORS uses a proprietary database. DOORS Web Access is just that, a way of accessing DOORS data through a web browser
  • Requirements Composer was created to provide support for requirements management based on the Jazz platform
  • DOORS Next Generation was created to provide the facilities that DOORS users expect on the Jazz platform. The underlying server is the same as for Requirements Composer
I think these two answers also cover most of your later questions.

permanent link
Vatsala Ramachandran (12314) | answered Dec 18 '12, 8:02 a.m.
edited Dec 18 '12, 8:55 a.m.
https://jazz.net/library/content/articles/doors/4.0.1/which-rm-tool/which-rm-tool.pdf

Refer to this article which answers your question very aptly

There is one more describing each and every tool, you can view that here

https://jazz.net/products/rational-doors/rmtools/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.