It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE with RTC 4.0.1 tutorial?

Cesar Sasaki (511285126) | asked Dec 17 '12, 12:23 p.m.
Hi
I'm looking for any tutorial on how to create documents with the rational publishing engine with the new rational team concert 4.0.1

5 answers

permanent link
Alanna Zito (1.3k3) | answered Dec 17 '12, 2:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't know of any tutorials specifically, but take a look at the help section entitled "Authoring document-style reports" (Authoring document-style reports based on CLM application data).  That should help you get started.

Comments
Cesar Sasaki commented Dec 17 '12, 4:54 p.m.

If I want to filter the RPEto only one workitem. Can it be done? There is an example?

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered Dec 18 '12, 4:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Cesar,

I'd suggest you have a check to :
- the CLM 2011 Reporting workshop  (RTC 3.0.1 / RPE 1.1.2)
- this wiki (I've not tested its content) :
- this blog entry (covering reporting for CLM in general)

This doesn't cover latest versions of RTC / RPE but could help you booting up on these aspects !
RPE 1.2 new features are tracked here in the Info Center.

Regards,
Stéphane

Comments
Rosa Naranjo commented Dec 18 '12, 4:34 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Here are some additional resources:

Devworks forum on RPE
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=1512&start=0

RPE bllog by RPE Architect
http://rpeactual.wordpress.com

permanent link
Alanna Zito (1.3k3) | answered Dec 18 '12, 2:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In RTC 4.0.1, the only way to access an individual work item through RPE is to use a filter - for example, a URL like

<server-url>/ccm/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=workitem/workItem[id=6]/(id|summary)

would return the ID and summary of the work item with ID 6.

In RTC 4.0.2, there is new support for accessing work items individually - see Individual workitems are not accessible (147959).

Comments
Cesar Sasaki commented Dec 18 '12, 2:47 p.m.

In RTC 4.0.1 where do I have to put the filter? Or how do i put it

permanent link
Geoffrey Rosenthal (10135) | answered Feb 28 '13, 3:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You could actually also use a Native filter with 4.0.1.  The URL that you specify in the data source would be something like:

<server-url>/ccm/rpt/repository/workitem/

Then in the template, where you apply the root query for the work item (probably the outer most container int he template), you'd add a Native filter for the the specific work item id that you're looking for.  The filter would look something like:

id='${wiID}'

Where "id" is actually the query "id" from the work item schema and "wiID" is the ID number that you're looking for.  Either "hard code" the ID number, or make it an external variable that could be specified at run time.

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Apr 12 '13, 2:53 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello
We just released an update to the reporting workshop from 2011.  There is now a CLM 4.0.1 Reporting workshop at
https://jazz.net/library/article/1269

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.