It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Requirement links in RQM

Samanwita Majumdar (5033740) | asked Dec 13 '12, 6:59 a.m.
I am linking a collection to a test plan in RQM and when I try to update the test plan through RQM API (PUT) it fails and returns an invalid user / password error. However the moment I remove the Requirement Link from the test plan the update (PUT) starts working. However that does not need my needs.

Next I tried a very strange thing , I added 2 associated RM project areas to RQM and then the PUT for test plans worked fine even with the Requirement Links in place. I am not able to understand what is the rational behind such an implementation. Could any body explain the same.

One answer

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Dec 13 '12, 10:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Samanwita,
the following is the note for requirement when using reportable REST API from https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi
When Rational Quality Manager requirements reference resources in Rational Requirements Composer, the following configuration is required:

1. The Quality Management project area in Rational Quality Manager must have a "uses and requirements" association to a Requirements Management project area in Rational Requirements Composer. Note, multiple Quality Management project areas can be associated with a single Requirements Management project area.
  2. Set the following Requirement ( com.ibm.rqm.requirement.service.internal.RequirementService ) advanced server configuration properties (see Configuring advanced properties in the Collaborative Lifecycle Management Online Help):

• Requirements Composer User Name
  • Requirements Composer User Password

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.