It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 401 / DOORS 9.5 Integration - Can not start RQMI Server due to "u nable to find valid certification path to requested target"

Arti Saagar (5135) | asked Dec 12 '12, 7:14 a.m.
RQMI_SYS_PATH: C:\RQMI\
Logging level: 1
creating SSL ServerSocket on port 7764
Dec 12, 2012 7:07:54 AM uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log app
INFO: RQMI Server v1.04.0000 starting...
Dec 12, 2012 7:07:56 AM uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log app
INFO: Initialising server ...
Dec 12, 2012 7:07:56 AM uk.co.stpsoft.util.Log error
SEVERE: ERROR: IOException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: com.ibm.jsse2.u
til.h: PKIX path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: u
nable to find valid certification path to requested target
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at uk.co.stpsoft.exportserver.RQMManager.get(Unknown Source)
        at uk.co.stpsoft.exportserver.RemoteRQMWorker.get(Unknown Source)
        at uk.co.stpsoft.exportserver.RQMRMI.initialiseNextTestPlanId(Unknown So
urce)
        at uk.co.stpsoft.exportserver.RQMRMI.main(Unknown Source)

I have checked user name, password and context root information is correct

One answer

permanent link
Pavan Hoskeri (613) | answered Dec 12 '12, 7:51 a.m.

Hi Arti

As I understand, you are using DOORS 9.5 and RQM 4.0.1.
If this is correct, you should indeed be using the latest OSLC based approach for communicating between DOORS and RQM.

This method is different from the earlier way of a point to point integration between DOORS and RQM (which relied on making use of the RQM Integration software)

Detailed information on the new approach & steps to configure the integration, is documented in the following link: https://jazz.net/library/article/1020/

Also, here is a link to a video demonstartion of the OSLC based integration:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/nfrsblog/entry/ibm_rational_doors_and_rational_quality_manager_requirement_driven_testing_with_the_new_oslc_integration7?lang=en

However, if its an earlier version of DOORS (say earlier than 9.4) that you are using, then you could use the point to point method by installing the integration software.

I recommened you to get connected with your local Rational Client Support Team who would be able to help you get up and running with either of the integrations (based on the version of DOORS being used).

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards

Pavan

Comments
Arti Saagar commented Dec 13 '12, 5:42 a.m.

Thanks Pawan for the answer, Yes I know OSLC integration is possible but I need to use P2P integration this time

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.