It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem importing MS project data into the ccm 4.0.1.

Layla Mayboudi (1222) | asked Dec 11 '12, 1:58 p.m.
I have created a test plan in the ccm area in which I would like to import data from MS Project.  The MS Project has data such as time constraint, start date, finish date, duration, and task name to name a few.  when I import the data, the start time and finish time are not displayed in the ccm environment.  What do you suggest?

Comments
Arne Bister commented Dec 20 '12, 4:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,

can you please rephrase the heading of your topic to a question? Along the lines of "How does one import MS project data into CCM 4.0.1?"

Arne

One answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Dec 20 '12, 4:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Layla,

the jazz.net article on Microsoft Project integration with CLM 4.0.1 details the steps for successful import of MS project data. Notice that start date and finish date are not imported, because MS Project and RTC follow a different paradigm. RTC uses the critical path analysis to calculate start and finish date from boundary conditions such as assigned resource, estimate, constraints. This is described in detail in this article.

If this answer is helpful, please mark it as accepted.

- Arne

Comments
Layla Mayboudi commented Jan 15 '13, 11:11 a.m.

Hi Arne,

Thank you for the information.  Is there a work around for automatic import of the start date and finish date into the RQM?

Thank you,

Layla

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.